Monday 13 June 2016

RISING FROM YOUR SCARS PART 5

Welcome back....I am going to be talking about not allowing people  take advantage of you because of your scars. Here is my experience. Now the first set of people that comes your way and find a way to win your trust are people who knows that you will do anything to take off the scars. They are hustlers who intend to survive off your scars. They come bearing news of permanent solution and disappearance of your scars. They tell you how they know some foreigners whose practice is getting rid of scars. They demand money, being desperate to return back to my former good looking self, I fell prey several times to this people. One of them is an hospital in maitama abuja, hundreds of thousands was collected from me to get rid of the scars on my face but they ended up increasing the size of the  scar in my ears. As I write to you, I am not confident about embarking on any surgery since the experience. Aside from the effects of the bad job done, the pain almost killed me. If I should mention the name of the hospital, they will not only go out of business but will hunt me down and get rid of me. So let's keep it safe and leave out the ugliness. So I learnt my lessons and stopped entertaining sympathetic description, advice and recommendation from people who had no idea of what I was going through. The next set of people I encountered especially guys are those who ordinarily cannot approach me for anything but because of my scars they found boldness. You know the out of my league situation, yea, I was way out of their league. But they thought my value dropped because of the scars, they thought my worth decreased because of my scars, but I proved them wrong. Some were married men, who thought I was lonely and no single man is coming around me, they wanted to cheer me up. Men who could not feed their wives and pay their children school fees pitying me.....


I ask myself is my case so bad? One even told me openly that he always consider me too big and smart for him before the accident....but I couldn't accept my case is my case is that bad. I rejected them and told them that the scar does not stop me from wanting what I have always wanted. The scar did not change my preference in men. The scar did not make me lonely or needy or desperate. The scar did not reduce my worth and self-esteem. I can still reach where I am going and be who I want to be with the scars. I am still Ijeoma, nothing changed. The scar did not change me. Instead it made me stronger, more confident and more aware of who I am, what I want and who I want to spend my life with....will stop here for now, when I come we will talk about not blaming anything on the scars...whatever it is that is happening to you, don't blame it on the scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment