Friday 17 June 2016

BLAMING IT ON THE SCARS

I want to first and foremost thank the almighty God for the strength he has given me to write about my most challenging times. This is a story I never want to share because the memories are too painful. But something stronger than the pains and ugly memories gave me strength to share my story with you. And I hope that as you read you will have reasons to live for everything you have got. It took me three years to muster this courage and write to you. Today I am going to be talking about not blaming anything on your scars.

My Second  Day In the hospital After The Gas Exposion

 When the I was hospitalized as a result of the gas explosion, I had lots of visitors. Most of them were young men and women, singles who were curious about the extent of the damage the fire did to me. Some wept when they saw me like I had died. Some of my girlfriends who were single started making comments like I quote them "we that are beautiful and perfect without scars and injuries are finding it difficult to get married, come to talk about me who is heavily scarred. Played those words on my head. It felt like all hope is lost. Everything I had to live for is gone. My beauty, my skin, myself was lost in the fire. There was no way I was going to find love looking so monstrous then, no man in his clear senses will love me. Another friend of mine, one year after the accident told me and I quote "Ijeoma do you know that if not for the scars caused by the accident you would have being married?" I almost agreed with her but I eventually remembered that I was not born with the scars. Then I told her its not yet my time that is why I am still single, before the accident, I was beautiful and perfect, but still single, very lonely and needy. I kept meeting fake men that were only interested in my outward beauty, not staying long enough to fall in love with my inner self. With my beauty and perfection they never asked me to marry them. They wanted to play, I refused to play and chose to be all by myself. After the accident, I got rid of my lonely garment and found a reason to live for everything. Never blaming anything on the scar, to be a bit specific not blaming my being single today on my accident, I have found a reason to wait for Gods time. At least any man coming to me for marriage will not be after my bperfect skin because its no longer there but scarred. He will learn to know me, and gradually fall in love with my inward self.  My dear readers, I don't know what your scars look like, I don't know how many times you wished you lost something good because of them. But what I want to tell you is that, some good things can really happen from a very bad and ugly situation. Forget about what you lost because of your scars and focus on what you can gain with your scars. Truth is, I realize that my scars can be a blessing in disguise, so I have learnt to see the good sides in really bad situations. To know that we are Gods masterpiece, gold must go through fire to be refined. We certainly have to go through some harsh times, for the best in us to come out and be appreciated. So, stop blaming your current situation on your scars and find a reason to live for everything because the best has come to stay, scars or no scars everything will continue to work for our good. Bye for now, will continue next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment