Thursday 9 June 2016

RISING ABOVE YOUR SCARS PART 3

Welcome back...i remembered vividly saying my scars which were supposed to be my greatest limitation, has now become my greatest strength...how? i will tell you...as a writer my hands are the source of my livelihood. my hands were mostly scarred by the explosion. i thought it was over for me, my greatest fear was living and having to rely on someone for the rest of my days....the injuries took time to heal, i remembered receiving a call from a nollywood executive producer to do a screenplay while receiving treatment in the hospital. i couldn't tell her what happened to me, because if i did, it would be over for me career wise....so i told her i was busy....two weeks after my discharge from the hospital, i received another call from the same producer asking me to write another movie. i couldn't tell her my two hands were covered with wounds and were still bleeding and severely painful. it felt like it was over for me, my biggest fear was waking up and realising i could no longer write again....the odds were against me delivering a successful and timely job, but i just couldn't call it quits....so i took the job, pretending to be perfectly alright, not knowing if i could trust my hands and deliver in due time. it was the movie Titled warri blood. with my wounded hands, very painful and bleeding, i put every fibre of my being into completing the job. i have always been known for completing the task in 7 days, so i was determined to beat the usual deadline. it was painful and trying, but something stronger than myself kept me going...i was in and it was too late to quit....i never forget the hilarious feeling i experienced when i finally typed " The End" to the movie. my greatest joy wasn't about finishing the movie,it was the fact that my hands were still alive, they can still work, still earn me money, still create and can still eventually hold my baby in the nearest future...


I experienced a rush of energy and sheer will.....i had nothing to be afraid, everything is going to be just perfect, i constantly reminded myself....with my wounded and scarred hands i was able to achieve exactly what i usually do when i was perfect...as i write to you my lovely audience, i have written other movies after the incident....my scars has continually reminded me that i can do all things as long as i set my heart to it and never quit....i stopped wearing facial make ups because i thought the face isn't healed fully from the fire, but a woman i admire so much told me that as long as the fire did not burn off my lips, i should never stop applying those hot lipsticks....she said i am still beautiful and gorgeous and i should carry myself as one....i will stop here today, when i return i will talk about building yourself esteem despite the scars....

No comments:

Post a Comment