Saturday 11 June 2016

RISING ABOVE YOUR SCAR PART 4

Welcome back my audience, I said I am going to be talking about building self esteem despite the ugly scars. At first when the accident happened, I was not bold enough to have eyeball to eyeball conversation with those who came around me. I was scared of what I was going to see in their eyes. Pity? Hopelessness or rejection. When I walk on the road, people stare at me, some openly point fingers at me, I felt too obvious and was calling both necessary and unnecessary attention. I wanted to crawl back into the hole I came out from. I was only bold enough to walk at night. My family did everything to encourage me, once I contemplated suicide but you know taking your life is not easy and has everlasting consequences, for starters, the life isn't yours to take, it belongs to God. After this world, fire straight when you commit suicide. I love children, playing with them gives me great joy, when I extend my hands to some and they stare at the ugly scars they ran away, the courageous ones touches it and  looks at my facial expression to see if am in pains. You know I hear people say, if it happen to me, I will just die...truth is you do not know what you can survive until you are going through that situation. Most times our real strength, just how powerful we are is revealed in our time of pains, challenges and limitations.

On Long Sleeve Covering The Hands



 thing about calling attention can work together for our good. Here is the thing, because of my scars people recognize and recollects me easily. There many Ijeoma in this world, instead of saying hmmm I am the tall, fair, slim or fat Ijeoma, I cut it short by saying Ijeoma the fire victim. When you are taking your time to describe to the commissioner that you are the one he asks to come back the previous day, when I walk in, he recognizes me quickly, tells me to sit down because the scars makes me Stand out. Now I am just saying some bad, really messed up situation can be used to favour ourselves. One thing I hate is the pity party, that is why I never use my scars to beg. This is why I couldn't allow my hands to fail me despite the wounds. Although I still cover my hands with long sleeve dresses because if I reveal it, I will have to tell everyone who crosses my path the story behind my scar. When I walk on the road, I raise myself shoulder high, not feeling like I am the one with the worst problem, or giving you concern that my challenges cannot make me bring a good job home. My spirit is so high....I refuse to feel down. The worst thing that would have happened to me is death, but am I alive, so I have to discover the reason why God kept me alive and live life to its fullest. Realising this, rejection, breaksups no longer makes me bitter. Life is too short and sweet to be wasted on one person who is just not meant to be with you. Some people who tend to see my opens scars sympathise with me, but when I listen closely to their stories, and what they have been through, I realize that mine was a physical scar, most of them are emotionally, psychologically, mentally scarred or damaged. They need help and motivation to rise above their scars both open  and hidden scar. Someone once told me in a drunken state the day he came to cheer me up in the best way he knew how to. He said " before the fire, you used to be fair, now (after the fire accident) you are going to be black and famous. Although he was drunk that day, I realize today that what he said was very prophetic, because after the fire accident, places I could only go in my dreams and weirdest imaginations, I went in real life and shook hands with people of substance, history makers,cream de LA cream of the society. I will stop here today, just know that when you stand tall during challenges, the world will never be able to take advantage of you. When I return I will tell you why you should never give people a reason to kick you when you are down.....bye for now....

2 comments:

  1. I hope you were inspired? If you have a story to tell that will be a source of inspiration to anyone out there, please drop it on the comment box

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you were inspired? If you have a story to tell that will be a source of inspiration to anyone out there, please drop it on the comment box

    ReplyDelete