Thursday 15 September 2016

WASH-WASH PEOPLE

The wafi(warri,a place in delta state,  Nigeria)  people describes wash-wash as fake,  unreal, something likened to an illusion or totally none existent.

Today I will be talking about wash-wash people. People who has nothing but brags about wearing the best clothes and eating in the best and most expensive places. I have come in contact with a lady, she was phonetizing and walking like she does not excrete. She talked big on phone,  calling huge amount of money, talking about big places she usually visits. At first, my impression of her is this girl is in money. We became friends,  then I had the privilege to visit her in her apartment. Guess what?  She lives in a room apartment, with a dirty, old and out of life and time looking mattress. I looked at the phone in her hands,  so expensive that I couldn't understand why she could not afford a better mattress. Then I saw that her neighbours were asking for her light bills and security fees.  She kept on posting them. Telling them that she is bigger than what they are harassing her for. I was dumbfounded and shocked. My last impression of her is the kind you have for a loser... Now what will it cost you to be yourself? If you are not you,  then who are you? I will continue with this discussion on fake people a.k.a wash-wash.  Look out for my next post. A continuation on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment