Sunday 3 July 2016

UGLY SCARS: THE COMEBACK

Hello again, still on my experience with scars. I remember vividly what my life was before the scar. I was someone you can confidently describe as beautiful, smart and gorgeous. I had everything all planned out, I actually thought I did but things changed. I had one goal in life, at least more but the greatest of all is to be comfortable in life. I would do anything dignifying to be made. I wanted to be famous, I wanted my name to ring a bell, so with that desire a pursued life with such tenancity. I thought the biggest problem in life was making money but when the accident happened, I realise money is the smallest temptation life can offer. I became very serious with life, working very hard, doing everything "dignifying" to never lack. I was perfect, complete, beautiful, smart and healthy but I was never conscious of all these. Truth is, there are times when I look down on myself, wishing I was so much better than what I am. I thought true happiness and satisfaction comes from a fulfillment of material gains. I pushed myself harder, thinking of nothing else but to succeed. But I became lonely. Didn't have time to love and be loved. I wanted to become a nollywood movie writer, I achieved it, I was happy but the joy did not last long. I wanted to be more, I needed to be more, I wanted to be respected and appreciated.


I know you are all wondering where I am going with all these.. The thing is scars can serve as a comeback. In a world where we are so preoccupied in wanting to have more and to be more, maybe the scars are allnit takes for us to catch a deep breath, slow down and be grateful for how far we have come so far. In my quest to keep fighting for more, still dissatisfied with all I have achieved, I forgot to be thankful to God for the greatest gift...the gift of life. It took for me to be hospitalised where I fought to survive the gas explosion, the endless pain and lack of freedom and air as a result of being confined in a room, that I realised what I had been enjoying and how I never said thank you. I never valued the worth of fresh breeze, sunlight and rain. Being confined in the hospital, I began to appreciate what I never appreciated. For those of us who are complete, healthy without any pain, sickness or restriction but are going through financial lacks, unemployment or delay in marriage, I have come to tell you these are nothing. Because as long as you have the greatest gift of life, you will achieve all you want in life. Just stop the self loathing, self pity and be grateful to God. There are many gifts we take for granted, they may look small and inconsequential but thy re the greatest. My scars was the motivation for my comeback. My comeback to God, saying thank you for the gift of life. I took it for granted where I was fighting for comfort but in my moment of pain, I realise my biggest mistake would being to realize the importance of life in death. Join me in this quick prayer, read and say, Lord I thank you for life and for very other things we do not remember to say thank you for, because we consider them small. Thank you Lord for everything, In Jesus name Amen. Thanks for reading, Remember its all about saying thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment