Sunday 24 July 2016

THE SCARS: HEALING FROM THE INSIDE

Hi everyone, welcome back...if you have being following my story you will observe something familiar in all of my post..what is that?  its the power of positive thinking. truth is, i do not have time to entertain failure or fear...insecurities of any kind makes me feel like i am losing touch with myself...okay that said, lets move on...first of all, i do not know the nature of that scar, what caused it and how much it has greatly affected you...what i know is scars heal from the inside, by inside, i mean from your mind, within you...yes...i remember when i was still treating the wounds as a result of the fire...my biggest fear was the fear of deformity...people come around showing me pictures of persons deformed by fire accident...i just couldn't accept that what i was seeing could one day become my fate...so instead of dwelling on what could be or not i concentrated in fighting off the fear and working towards my good health...i also had the fear of depending on someone for the rest of my life because of my injured hands...


But my mother told me that as long as i don't fail my hands, my hands will never fail me. i felt like my looks was gone...i felt like no one was ever going to appreciate me...i felt like i was going to remain multicolored skinned for the rest of my life...i stare at the mirror and just couldn't appreciate the person who stare back at me...i kept on looking at my old pictures of my perfect self wishing the old me was somewhere hidden and will resurface when i wake up.
but someone told me oneday....she said....Ijeoma, Healing comes from the inside...you have to picture it, believe that you are getting better every single day, believe it that no matter how bad it looks today it is not as bad as yesterday...see yourself as getting better, see yourself as gorgeous, see yourself as fabulous and beautiful and that is all that will manifest.....your healing starts from your inside....from that day i picture myself the way i want to be and all i can say is....it just keep getting better and better every single day...

No comments:

Post a Comment