Tuesday 16 August 2016

CONTROLLING PAINS

Hello readers, we are still talking about scars and I am going to be discussing how to control pains. Yes, we have seen situations where people  allow their pains to control them. Their pains decide who they are and how they relate with people.

Truth is, it's very easy to blame your situations on something or somebody. It just kind of feels good to put the blame on someone.i am not saying probably what you are going through is nobody's fault, I am only saying what does it change?  Does it make less hurtful and more relieving? Putting the blame on somebody does not ease your pain,  it changes nothing. Most people even blame themselves, cursing themselves and even contemplating the easiest and quickest way to quietly end their lives. All these happens,  the pains lingers on when you allow it to control you. I am inspired to share this with you because I have learned to control my pains not the other way round. During the time of the fire explosion, my elder sister came to live with me. Because the injuries affected my arms badly,  I could not wash, cook or do anything with my arms. She helps me with bathing,  eating, anything and everything my hands are supposed to do for me. I hated myself, life felt meaningless and hopeless.  I saw no way out of this burden. I was a liability to myself and family. One-day she told me she wouldn't be able to wash my clothes. I told her they were all dirty,  she insisted that they will have to wait. Then I snapped at her saying "what are you doing here if you can't  wash the clothes. If not for my situation do you think I will need you to wash or cook my meals? Just get out of here if you are not going to be useful".How does that sound? I know what you are thinking, it sounds bitter and ungrateful. But the thing is I wasn't thinking clearly. I allowed my pain to get the better part of me and hurt someone who is trying to stand by me. My sister was bitter. She abandoned her life to help me live. All I can do is treat her like a servant. It wasn't me speaking it was my pains... My pains influenced how I saw people and how I treated and judged them.she said some things to me in anger and I thought of words, strong words that hurt the most to lash at her. Few hours later I realized the damages done by the power of my pains... I went down on my knees in front of her and apologized. When you allow your pain to control your actions,  you end up chasing away people who wants to see you laugh again. Exerting full control over your pain is one way to heal from the situation. I know it hurts real bad and it just feels unjust why you have to be the one suffering and stuck in that situation.  While everyone around you seems happy and smiling and your face is constantly frowning due to that endless pains. I know and know just how good it can be just to make someone pay for what you are going through but stop... It will not change anything... It will only prolong your sufferings and your pains will wax stronger and stronger until it takes full control over you. Today,  if you feel like you really need that power or strength to resist that pain,  start by taking a deep breath, inhale and exhale three times,  close your eyes and picture yourself in the best environment you want to be,  all smiling,  laughing and free from all pains... Opens your eyes,  smile and say this out  loud "IT IS WELL".

2 comments:

  1. I totally get where you are coming from Ijeoma. Pain is something that can completely take over the mind if one isn't careful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Omono Okonkwo I am glad I am privileged to share my experience and thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete