Friday 13 January 2017

MY SCAR STORY : ACCEPTING ME

It is undeniable that we know what it is to be scarred.  Some of us are presently living with scars.  Some scars are visible,  others invisible while we heal from these scars we all wish we can be accepted by people we love.  We want to be cherished and treasured.
Sometimes when these feelings we give are not reciprocated, we blame the rejection on the scars.... 
It's funny though but sometimes I remember the days I lived without scars, I somehow forgot that I was rejected by some people. Despite my perfections, not everyone accepted or preferred me. Then I see myself blaming it on the unseen reason that I am not just gorgeous enough,  or smart enough or good enough. But right now it is so much easy to blame our rejections on the scars... If not for the scars,  I would have probably been the most beautiful,  the most accepted,  the most preferred... That is what we tell ourselves. Truth is since I live with and rise above my scars, I have come to realize that for me to expect people to appreciate and accept me...

The appreciation and acceptance has to start with me... How can I expect someone else to appreciate me,  to admire me,  to accept me when I can't even accept myself? I want someone to hold my hands,  look into my eyes and tell me how gorgeous I am despite my scars yet I can't stand myself,  I can't even look myself in the mirror. What I am saying dear readers is, acceptance starts with you... Most people do not see your problems,  rather they see how you handle and relate with your problems. I am scared and run away from people who exude negative energy, so how can my negative view and disposition towards my scars attract a positive person. How do you expect someone to accept you,  when you can't accept who you are.... I have accepted who I am... And all I see when I look at the mirror is what a survivor I am. . . What I see is how gorgeous I am despite my scars... How lucky anyone who will have me will be despite my scars... What do you see about yourself.... Have you accepted yourself despite the ugly scars? Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment