Monday 5 December 2016

THE FUTILITY OF LIFE

I sat down close to the window. As the cool breeze caress my skin,  all I can think of is how futile life is... I remember when I was a little girl, young and full of life and dreams. I always imagined myself all grown up and successful. I loved the woman in my fantasy. I fought to become like her.  But as times goes by,  I realise that everything I ever wanted is coming to me. The game, the luxury I could ever want is coming to me one by one... But something is missing,  no matter how much I achieve,  it still feels like something is missing. I kept on pursuing and fighting to fill the void I always felt in my heart but nothing seems to fill it... Then I realize how futile life is... We continue to ask for more,  fighting to get more,  while thinking our happiness is tied to those things we feel are missing... We need this,  we need that and we are given,  but  is there a time we will ever stop wanting?  To what end are we going to keep demanding?  Are we ever going to be satisfied?  No matter how much we achieve, how powerful we become, oneday we shall all sleep forever.... And all these things we have acquired cannot sleep with us... We shall neglect them,  as our soul uncontrollably drift to the destination of the unknown. I don't know what lies ahead of me... What I know is there God... Almighty God... And life will not be so futile if it is dedicated to almighty God. True happiness does not come from the wealth we gather,  money does not make me happy, material possessions does not..
What makes me happy is knowing am alive and walking in the part of making an impact on lives.. What makes you happy readers?  Search yourself and you I'll be amaze with what you find... Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment