Friday 8 September 2017

FEELING BEAUTIFUL IN SCARS

They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. This is why I cannot understand how people still manage to call themselves ugly. If you love yourself(beholder) you will only see your beauty. You recall I suffered from a domestic gas explosion that left me with ugly scars. I really wish the scars could disappear. I want to just wake up one morning,  look in the mirror and find them gone but they say everything takes time. 
But whenever I hold the camera to my face for a selfie, I realize something new, a powerful emotion, the raw feeling of self love. It's me... I am madly in love with myself despite the ugly scars. I can't stop taking pictures of myself because I am  a beauty. I find myself looking pretty and the scars just don't matter anymore. The scars in defined areas of my body just makes me distinguishable and unique. I feel this sense of appreciation for myself despite the scars... I still see beauty and care that was put in creating me despite the scars. 
Dear readers,  I am saying the power of imagery cannot be understated.  What you see,  decides how you feel. If you see your beauty,  your awesomeness despite your ugly scars,  then you will walk shoulder high feeling beautiful and gorgeous. The scars will not decide how you relate with yourself and the rest of the world. I see beauty whenever I look at myself.... That makes me beautiful.... What do you see about yourself today?  How do you feel?  I encourage you to see your beauty despite that ugly situation in your life... Feel beautiful despite your scars. Thank you for reading. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment