Saturday 15 July 2017

MY SCARS AND THE WORLD

You recall that i sustained scars from a domestic gas explosion. Lots of people who visited me at the hospital never thought i could make. But i did...I survived and keep thriving. Dealing with my scars, i realised that not everyone who says sorry, actually pities me. Some of them know how desperate you are to get rid of that ugly scars hence come up with strategies in the name of treatment to cheat you off your money. Yea, i experienced lots of people suddenly having something to sell themselves. A man asked my father how i was doing after the incident, my father said i was recuperating. Then he said"she has a job but is dealing with fire accident,My sons do not have a job but there are not recovering from fire. They are very ok". That is the people that uses your circumstances to console themselves. Also some friends came to the hospital to see me, after seeing how monstrous i looked at the early stage of the incident, they said "you are not married and now you look like this, we that are ok and good looking finds it difficult to get married". They are simply telling me that i have no hope.
The last but not the least set of persons are those who wants you to blame it all on the scars. A friend of mine said "Ijeoma you would have being married if not for the accident". She wanted me to blame my singlehood on my scars. Entertaining such feeling can only make you see rejection where there is none. You suddenly see yourself wallowing in the depth of depressio  and frustration. You feel like a loser, unable to see anyrhing good about yourself. You fail, you blame it on the scars, people who ordinarily are meant to come and go, when they walk away, you see yourself blaming it on the scars.
What i am saying is, majority of world people loves to see you in pain. They ignore you when everything is fine and pretends to be your friend when everything is bad. Then they use your situation to console themselves, rubbing it on you, that their lives are so much better than yours. If only you will not concentrate on what the world says about your challenges, rather you find strength in your weaknesses by facing your worst fears and overcoming it. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment